Thursday 23 August 2007

how to make easy money on the Internet

Whenever I hear someone talking about how to make easy money on the Internet, I automatically cringe. You see, until recently all of my efforts to make money on the Internet failed. I have to admit that I am somewhat gullible. In most respects, I am fairly intelligent, but I have a way of falling for scams that is quite unbecoming. There are so many things that I want to believe, and the idea that I can become rich overnight is at the top of the list. In short, I'm exactly the person who the make money online sellers target – naïve, enterprising, and just a little bit desperate.

As a matter of fact, I have tried almost every possible way to make money on the Internet. I tried selling on eBay, which did absolutely nothing for me. I was able to sell a few odds and ends that I have collected over the years, but with the amount of time that I invested in creating an eBay store, I didn't really gain enough to make it worth it. That was one of my more successful attempts to make money online too! Some of the other ones are almost too embarrassing to tell.

Of course, I tried to make money on the Internet through affiliate programs, but I never got more than a few dollars from this. I run a pretty popular blog, and I figured that I could turn all that Web traffic to my advantage. Unfortunately, although it did make a buck or two, I also alienated a lot of my readers with my attempts to make money on the web. You see, it is an environmentalist, anti-consumer blog. Seeing Internet pop-up ads on it was the last thing my readers wanted. The backlash wasn't worth a few bucks.

Come to think of it, I have been completely unable to make money on the Internet except in ways that I made money before the Internet was around. You see, I have dabbled in freelance writing for years and years. The Internet has made it a lot easier for us freelancers. We can find work from the comfort of our own homes, and we don't have to wait for e-mails or telephone calls anymore. If you are a decent writer and pretty good at marketing yourself, this is an easy and obvious method for making money on the Internet. Nevertheless, don't start off thinking that it will make you rich overnight. It simply won't.

No comments: